Thursday, June 12, 2014

Big Steps


Big step for me. I have been missing from my blog for so long, I wasn't sure where to start. Then this morning I just knew I had to start blogging again. I have missed the journaling aspect, but most of all the contact with all the new and old friends I have here.

Big step for these two precious granddaughters too.
Sixth Grade Graduation

They are less than a month apart in age and the best of friends and cousins.
They couldn't be more different in looks, Kobi, with her dark (Hawaiian) complexion, brown eyes and dark hair. Lexi, with her fair (German) complexion, blue eyes and blond hair.
But they are alike in so many ways.


I wanted to take them to lunch to celebrate going into Jr. High.
We also celebrated Honor Roll, Principals List and many more honers between them.

We went to Olive Garden where they both ordered Fettuccine Alfredo and a Strawberry Lemonade.
Listening to them giggling and talking was all I needed to make it a perfect day.

They both have phones now, and I learned that they had texted back and forth all morning about what they were wearing (sleeveless sundresses), how they were wearing their hair (buns), and even what shoes (white flip flop sandals). And Mascara!! Where did my babies go.
So proud of these sweet, sweet girls (young ladies).

Well, you all know, I am so proud of all my grands, but sometimes it is fun to celebrate them separately.





11 comments:

Susy said...

YAY you posted!

I've been AWOL too, but I knew where I was 😀. I think about blogging all the time, but don't move it up on the to-do list. Life is busy-good. How about you? xo

Elizabeth and Gary said...

Hi Beverly,
There you are! I have missed you so much! The girls look so happy! I love their sweet faces. Such a special time for them and Grandma too...
Welcome back, sending hugs, Elizabeth

Stacey said...

Beverly, it's so good to hear from you! Your grand daughters are precious. It's so sweet that they planned and dressed up for your special lunch. Now keep on posting, girl. :)

PamKittyMorning said...

they are so cute! congrats to them!

Nancy B said...

Oh, Beverly...I have been so worried about you! I'm so glad you have posted today. My two granddaughters graduated from Centennial a couple of weeks ago. I can't believe they are 18 now and will be off to college in August. Your two grands are just so cute. I'm glad you were able to celebrate with them. Doing any fun sewing?

Stay cool!
Nancy

Creations By Cindy said...

So GOOD to see you BACK! Missed you! Your grandgirls are precious and how sweet for these cousins to be such good friends. I know you enjoyed your time with them. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Patty Marker said...

What sweet faces. They do grow up so fast. Nice to have you back.

Annelies said...

SEW good to see you again....and I have been MIA in the blog world too!!!! Time for me to get a posting. Congrats to your lovely young ladies and a big HUG for you too!!!! XXXX

Douglas said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
luvtoquilt said...

We've missed you! Sorry that you were not able to attend Bernina Club this month, but there's always next month! Your granddaughters are lovely -- you know that I envy you the ability to take them out for lunch on a whim.

Vicky Hardenbrook said...

Yay, Beverly! I've read your posts for a long time through by friend's blog, Creations by Cindy. Been stalking to see if you had posted again and to my surprise you did! Lol! Love the things you post about especially your sewing projects. Keep the posts coming!