Sunday, November 30, 2014

Goodbye Thanksgiving...Hello Christmas



We spent Thanksgiving at my cousin's house in Sacramento. It was so much fun. We sounded like a couple of kids in the kitchen laughing and cooking together.
I only got a few pictures. (Much to busy having fun)
 I made 7 pies, these along with 3 cream pies. Pumpkin, of course, pecan (which was a flop...didn't set), raisin (Mr. SS's favorite), two chocolate and a coconut cream. Can you tell I love making pie.
 Cousin Judy found this idea on Facebook and we really had fun with it. When the guests arrived, it was quickly gobbled up. It helped that we had a big bowl of Ranch Dressing to go with it.
Along with my brother-in-law and his wife, we were joined by my Tehachapi family.
Kyle, Stefani, Madi, and my oldest son Scott.
So, we only had 10, but we cooked for 20.
Hard to believe that two old ladies like us can still put on a spread like we did.


Tonight, Mr. SS got out our Christmas Tree. It's up and lit, but won't be be fluffed and decorated for a few days. We both agreed right where we wanted it. You will have to come back for that the rest of the story decorating
I can't tell you how excited I am to decorate this year. 2009 was the last time we decorated and had a tree.
I had a few things for the RV small cottage, but we're getting it all out this year. One of the few things I kept was all my Christmas decorations. Just couldn't part with them yet, I guess.

So...let the decorating begin!!





1 comment:

Suzanne said...

Seven pies for ten people? Really? That's awesome!

I'm excited that you get to decorate your new home and it certainly will be fun pulling out Christmas decorations you haven't seen in a few years. I'm so glad you kept those.

Glad you and Mr SS had fun and are home safely. Now it's on to the next event.