Thursday, December 4, 2014

A Good Day





All in all, a VERY good day.

I painted a $20.00 lamp I found on Craigslist a couple of weeks ago.
It is made of iron (yes, very heavy) and has a marble table. I love it painted white, don't you?
Just need to find the right shade.
Earlier this week, I was in my favorite quilt store and Suzanne gave me a pattern and fabric for a new model for the store. It's been awhile since I've made a cute little dress. It's been hats and vests for quite some time.
Today I had some time to get started.
Ruffles, and bows and cute little pockets (guess you can't see them.)
Fun, fun, fun.
Laundry for the first time in my laundry room after 3 months of  laundry mats.
More fun...no, really.
I decorated our Christmas tree and emptied shelves in our entertainment center getting it ready for my Snow Village. We replaced the wood shelves with glass, which I got today too.
On our rare rainy day earlier in the week, I got to have my Emmy Lou for cuddling under a quilt on the couch,
and for hot cocoa and toast with homemade apple butter.

Now after such a good day today, in the morning we leave for a two day getaway to the coast. Mr. SS is putting in a new front door for our friends in Grover Beach.
We didn't make it to their house for our usual summer getaway, so this is a treat.
Then back here to get the rest of the decorating done.



3 comments:

Suzanne said...

Where to start?
1. Love the lamps new look and can't wait to see it with a new shade.

2. Your sewing room!! Oh my gosh that's so exciting. Love the floor and the wall color. You deserve it. So happy for you.

3. The fabrics and colors that Barbara picked out on that little dress is adorable. Thanks for getting it together so quickly. We have five or six bare naked mannequins in the back room waiting for new models. I'm excited!

4. Emmy has grown so much - not a baby anymore.

5. You tree is gorgeous.

6. Have a fun getaway weekend.

7. Life is good - God is good

Stacey said...

Beverly, I just realized that I either forgot or didn't know that you moved out of your small cottage!! You are in full blown decorating mode. I'm happy for you girl!

Creations By Cindy said...

Looks like you did indeed have a good day! Love all your decorating that you are doing. And if nothing else...that sweet little girl would have made it a GOOD DAY! Hugs and blessings, Cindy