Monday, December 22, 2014

A Parks Family Christmas




Sunday, for the first time in 4 years, Mr. SS and I were blessed to host our family's traditional Christmas celebration in our new home.
We decorated everything in sight and hung Christmas lights and wreaths outside.
I cooked and baked for days.
I wanted to do something fun for the kids, even though some are not really kids anymore, I knew they would have fun with a little game too.
Thanks to a blogging friend Patty of Lemon Lane Cottage who told me about them, we searched 4 Walmart's to find 11 of these cute little mugs. (plus a couple extra for me)

Do you know what this is? Well, the official name now is Muddie Buddies, but when I first made them several years ago, the recipe I found on line was "Human Puppy Chow". Isn't that appropriate. They look like puppy food...but taste yummy...melt in your mouth yummy.
(Have to give my cousin's daughter, Amber credit for this recipe. She made them and told me to google the recipe, so if you want to make them and I know you do...just Google it.)

Anyway, I made two batches, filled bags and put them in the Santa's.

Then I hid them around the house and wrote clues on pieces of paper. Each of the grands drew a clue and had to find their Santa. Of course Emmy, the youngest had to have help reading the clue, but had no trouble finding her Santa. Kyle the oldest had to have help finding his.
It was lots of laughs and of course they loved what was inside probably more than the mug, but what I loved most was the laughs and fun.

I wanted to show you a picture of my three sons and their beautiful wives. I love these girls like daughters. 
I had a little fun thing for them that brought lots of laughs. I got "Crackers" at Von's. They looked really festive and matched my decorations. When I got them home and read the caution on the back, it said may contain adult toys, not for children. Well...really...from Von's? So with a disclaimer that I had no idea what was inside and with the kids in the other room, they started popping them. They were really loud. 
Guess adult toys were paper crowns, a little car, a magnifying glass, a tiny ring toss, etc. LOL What the heck??

Sadly, two of the grands were at home sick. Drew and Jack had fevers, but we face timed them so they could join in on some of the fun.
Sadly they aren't in the our picture, but love that we got one of these nine with Mamaw and Papaw anyway.
It was the best night ever and my heart is full and feeling so blessed with wonderful family during this time of celebration of the birth of Jesus.

Dennis and I wish you all a very Merry Christmas!!
                                       


I don't know what happened to my cute closing, but the sentiment is always the same.

God is Good!!
Life is Good!!

4 comments:

Suzanne said...

Those Santa mugs are adorable. It's a good thing you found all you needed because after posting this picture they are sure to be all snatched up now.

Your home looks amazing and I can see the love you and Dennis have put into it and your party. I am so happy for the two of you!

Merry Christmas!

xo Suzanne

Stacey said...

Merry Christmas Beverly!!

I'm so happy for you that you got to have Christmas at your house. The Santa mugs are adorable. We've been making Puppy Chow since my kids were little bitty. It was one of those recipes they could help with. :)

Looking forward to 2015.

PamKittyMorning said...

It looks like great fun! Merry Christmas! xo

Annelies said...

Merry Christmas my dear friend....and of course I am late to the "Santa Mug" party!!! I LOVE THEM. Hmmmm....will have to keep fingers crossed ( not likely) that any survived sitting on the shelf til after Christmas. Love to you and the best in the New Year.