Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Sleepover for 10

It's been two years since I have had all 10 of my grand kids for a sleepover, so after checking with the Moms, I sent out a group text to the ones that have cell phones and invited them to stay Sunday night after the Easter dinner at my son's house. I really didn't know if the 21, and 19 yr. old would still want to come to a sleepover, but they did and we had so much fun. I only have one extra bed, so we had kids all over the house in sleeping bags.

The girls watching Princess movies.
Madi, Drew, Lexi, Kobi, Camy, Brooke, and Emmy

The boys played games.
Kyle, Cade and Jack

After a big breakfast, they played outside. After bribing them with being able to do a goofy picture, I got them to stand still long enough for this one.

Then...lets have some fun!!

After a big lunch, the Moms picked some up and the two older ones drove home to Tehachapi.
Whew!! Mamaw needed a nap! But who knows if I'll ever get them all at one time again. Emmy is 6 now, so along with the others, I think she will remember this time. (Says Mamaw with tears in her eyes)


I forgot my camera (phone) on Easter so I stole these from Mr. SS's phone.
This is our traditional place to take Easter pictures every year in my son's back yard.

Our dinner table for 26 set up under the tree house.Bouquets of roses are from our garden. You can't see them but there are twinkle lights strung
all over which, when the sun goes down, remind me of the TV show "Parenthood".

                                             

5 comments:

PamKittyMorning said...

Ohmygosh it looks like the perfect day! Love that they all wanted to come, even the big kids.. just shows you how sweet they all are. Love that big table in the pretty backyard. Happy Spring! xo

Anonymous said...

I think I'm gonna cry. They've all changed so much! I haven't seen them in so long; I don't even recognize them anymore. Waaaauugh! Where's Cami? Where's Madi? Brookie? Emmilou?

All of them more beautiful than ever! I sure do miss these little faces.

Creations By Cindy said...

Oh Beverly, how precious! This just blessed my heart so much. Especially that your 21 and 19 year old grands would want to come and do a sleepover! What a blessing for you. I am sure they all had a grand time. Making memories girl...that's what it's all about. Speaking of memories...a friend told me once, "Cindy, make lots of memories because one day they will keep you company. That is so very true! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

That is so sweet that they all wanted to spend the night. And that is some dining table -- a perfect location. Looks like it was lovely Easter day.

Patty Marker said...

I love this Bev and yes, very parenthood backyard.